ABLE Humber Port – ABLE Marine Energy Park
The Able Marine Energy Park (AMEP) is a fully consented project within sole ownership of Able Humber Ports Ltd that will be a bespoke port facility for the Renewable Energy Sector, particularly Offshore Wind. It will represent a c £450m investment by ABLE UK Ltd and covers an area of c 331 ha and will feature 1,349m of new heavy-duty deep-water quays. AMEP is a very simple concept based on industrial logic that will meet the needs of the emerging renewable energy sectors. For a sector where proximity to market is paramount, it makes sense to offer a ‘big space in the right place’, with substantial quays built to accommodate the deployment of large industrial components to the North Sea and beyond – all this, in the heart of the largest offshore wind market in the world.
AMEP offers 1,349m of new heavy-duty deep-water quays and 217 hectares (phase 1 – could increase to 331 hectares) of developable land. It is designed specifically for the marine renewables sector providing a multi-user facility for the manufacture, storage, assembly and deployment of next generation offshore wind turbines and their associated supply chain(s). AMEP quays have been designed following extensive liaison with the offshore wind industry (developers, manufacturers and installation vessel operators). They will not be affected by higher current velocities that occur in other parts of the estuary providing 24-hour access to AMEP. The facility will be fully fit for purpose, future proofed, and particularly suited for the deployment of new generation jack-up installation vessels. The quays are suitably designed for importation of components and raw materials.
AMEP cluster benefits will:
- Dramatically reduce the industry’s expenditure on delivery and installation vessels
- Introduce new fixed, transparent charging model for operating quays producing both stability and producibility at a huge cost saving when compared to other port operators
- Humber Freeport takes in the economic catchment area of the Humber Estuary, Britain’s Global Gateway. The Humber Freeport includes three tax sites of which Able Marine Energy Park is one. Support for the offshore wind industry is a core activity at the Humber ports including world leading facilities such as the Siemens blade factory and the ORE catapult and O&M bases located at Grimsby. Humber Freeport – Britain’s Global Gateway
Why invest in Greater Lincolnshire?
Greater Lincolnshire and Rutland is currently experiencing an unprecedented era of growth and is undoubtedly one of the investment hotspots of the UK. The geography is vastly unique from The Humber to The Wash, covering 2,700 miles with a population of 1.1million. Our game changing sectors include the Humber Freeport, Renewable Energy, the UK Food Valley, Food enterprise Zones (FEZ’s), including the South Lincolnshire Food Enterprise Zone at Holbeach and Europarc III Food Enterprise Zone at Grimsby and Defence & Security. Our thriving Universities are some of the fastest growing in the UK, providing access to a growing talent pool, fuelling academia, and creating a skilled workforce. wide-open spaces and fresh air regulate and invigorate innovation.
Offering a range of high quality, cost effective sites and property solutions for all types of investing businesses. From specialist logistics and sector sites, employment parks, start-up hubs, or shovel ready land ripe for development. We are strategically located to enable fast, multimodal access to UK and international markets. Our Ports put your customers at easy reach wherever they are based. Our sites offer fast access to both UK and global markets, either via road, sea, air or rail.
If you are interested in finding out more about Greater Lincolnshire please take a look at our Sector Propositions and get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Insight for investors
- Type of Investment Sought: Investor/Occupiers
- Value and cost info: Up to £3.5 billion in investment
- Site Size: 217ha increasing to 331ha + 1349m of new heavy-duty deep-water quays
- Jobs: 4000
- Delivery Timescale: Immediate
- Planning Status: Fully consented