Research & Development
Charnwood Campus Science, Innovation and Technology Park (Enterprise Zone)
Charnwood Campus Science, Innovation and Technology Park is situated in the heart of the UK and provides world-class flexible laboratories, specialist manufacturing facilities and small- and large-scale office space. As a UK Centre of Excellence, Enterprise Zone and the UK’s first Life Science Opportunity Zone, campus offers the following benefits to companies:
• The Charnwood Life Science Talent and Skills Institute, a partnership with local FEI/HEI providers to align educational centres with industry needs to facilitate recruitment and upskilling of employees.
• The Charnwood Campus Mentor programme, which comprises Business Support, Peer to Peer Mentoring, a range of industry demand driven events and Knowledge Exchange programs with academic partners.
• Soft landing packages to facilitate relocation to the Campus.
• An experienced facilities management and development team to expedite relocation, facilitate accommodation modifications/new build requirements.
• A vibrant campus community with extensive range of sporting and social activity options
The Charnwood Campus is home to the Almac Pharmaceutical drug development services, research, and manufacturing facility, 3M Health Care’s national centre, Kindeva Drug Delivery’s manufacturing and R&D facility, Charnwood Molecular, award-winning UK Contract Research Organisation, and others.
- Situated in the heart of the UK
- Set in 70 acres of landscaped grounds comprising development land alongside high quality, modern laboratories and production plants
- The UK’s first Life Science Opportunity Zone
- Already home to a contract research organization, Almac Group that provides integrated drug development services, research, and manufacturing.
Why invest in Leicestershire?
Welcome to Leicester & Leicestershire – the largest economy in the East Midlands.
We benefit from outstanding assets including a vibrant, university city with a strong industrial and cultural heritage; two unique and inspiring Enterprise Zones; a UK Freeport at East Midlands Airport; three world class universities delivering cutting edge innovation, research, and design; a central location with strategic rail and motorway links, one of Europe’s largest distribution parks and the UK’s largest pure cargo airport; and two Manufacturing Zones. We’re home to Caterpillar, Next, Santander, Walkers Snack Foods (PepsiCo), IBM Client Innovation Centre UK and Amazon.
Key strategic developments include Leicester Waterside and Station Regeneration, Space Park Leicester, offering high-tech facilities and capabilities building on the University of Leicester’s space excellence; Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park, a dynamic innovation community with serviced development land opportunities; and Lutterworth East a trailblazing, sustainable housing and employment development.
Leicester is considered one of the best cities to do business in. Unrivalled transport links, a skilled and talented workforce of over 2.8 million within a 1-hour drive-time and one of Britain’s most attractive and cost-effective places to develop, own or lease property – presenting huge investment opportunities.
Insight for investors
- Type of Investment Sought: Inward investment – occupiers & specialist commercial development partners for the life science industry
- Target Investor(s): Life sciences occupiers
- Value and cost info: £625m GDV
- Site Size: 4.97Ha for development + existing buildings
- Timescale: 2020-2030
- Delivery Timescale: Immediate
- Planning Status: Outline permission