Eastgate, Church Hill/Homer Road, Solihull Town Centre
Solihull Town Centre presents a range of occupier, investment and development partner opportunities.
Through a phased development approach, the Business & Commercial Quarter offers opportunities from 2022, the first being the Council’s Westgate scheme to deliver 10,600m2 of Grade A office and collaborative space at the head of Homer Road between the town centre and rail station. The building will be ready for occupation in around 100 weeks from pre-let commitment and occupier interest is invited.
Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council are also inviting developers to engage and explore innovative design and delivery solutions for the development of Eastgate, Church Hill/Homer Road – a prime site within the Quarter. The site will incorporate civic and office functions for the Council alongside prime residential and mixed-use retail, culturaland leisure opportunities at the heart of Solihull town centre.
The project objectives for the Eastgate site and the desired outputs are:
• The re-provision of Council accommodation as an ancillary occupation, which offers public facing co-located services within a building which is flexible and capable of adapting to future change
• The delivery of retail, cultural, leisure, Food & Beverage and ancillary uses to create a distinctive, vibrant new quarter within the town – enhancing activity throughout the day and into the evening, in a scheme that is connected to, and integrated with the rest of the town centre
• To provide a good mix of quality private and affordable housing units within an attractive setting, including community space, which connects with and supports the vitality of the wider town centre
• The provision of attractive and high-quality public spaces including a significant new public space for the town centre and linkages to create a lively hub and meeting place for residents, workers, shoppers and customers
• To improve town centre permeability and pedestrian flows through the provision of high-quality linkages, spaces, paths and other transport movements
Why invest in Solihull?
One of the most productive economies and fastest growing labour markets in the country, UK Central Solihull attracts international investment and global names, home to Jaguar Land Rover, Changan Automotive, Rolls Royce and Gymshark.
Combining a highly skilled workforce, unrivalled quality of life, exceptional connectivity and unlimited opportunity, UK Central Solihull provides a compelling investment proposition.
At MIPIM 2022 UK Central Solihull will be showcasing ambitious plans for the UK Central Hub, home to Birmingham Airport, Birmingham International Station, the National Exhibition Centre (NEC), Jaguar Land Rover, Birmingham Business Park and Arden Cross, the new mixed-use destination which will be the location of the new HS2 Interchange Station – the first outside London.
The Hub has the potential to support up to 70,000 jobs and deliver over 650,000 sq m of prime commercial space, 8,000 new homes and £6.2 billion GVA per year.
Our Urban Growth Company is leading infrastructure investment and development to create a brand new, sustainable urban quarter at Arden Cross, with high-speed rail and unrivalled connectivity at its heart.
The NEC masterplan proposes the transformation of over 67 acres to new residential, office, leisure and community spaces, incorporating 5,000 new homes and supporting 3,500 new jobs.
Major transport investment ranging from new and improved motorway junctions to upgrades of the local highways network, along with new public transport routes, further add to The Hub’s attractiveness.
Solihull’s town centre also presents a range of exciting commercial and residential development opportunities, with significant investment committed to further public realm and transport infrastructure enhancement.
With a track record of innovative housing delivery and ambitions to accelerate development across Council owned sites, UK Central Solihull offers a range of potential sites for innovative schemes in strategic locations, linked to our economic growth agenda.
Our ambition is underpinned by a commitment to sustainable development, adding value to commercial opportunities and showcasing the region’s strength in low carbon expertise as a national exemplar of future placemaking.
Insight for investors
• Type of Investment Sought: Development Partner, Occupier
• Target Investor(s): Development Partner
• Value and cost info: £100m+ GDV
• Site Size: 2Ha
• Timescale: 2023-2027
• Delivery Timescale: 1-5 years
• Planning Status: Masterplan approved, Town Centre site with existing town centre uses