Fernwood Business Park
The business park forms part of the Greater Fernwood development. This development is now allocated in the Newark and Sherwood District Council Local plan for 3,200 new homes, together with the business park allocation for 15ha (B1 use).
Working closely with a number of other land owners and Barratt/David Wilson Homes the allocation was secured together with an agreed scheme to improve access to and from the A1.
The business park currently includes a care home, the Tawny Owl public house and five detached office buildings. More recent developments include a new Free School, a gym/fitness centre and premises for a local physiotherapist.
- Fernwood Business Park is strategically located adjacent to the A1 and its junction with the B6326. It also has close links to the A46 and A17
- The site has a main road frontage and is opposite a new housing development, making it suitable for a variety of potential complimentary uses, such as a hotel, retail and leisure
- The historic town of Newark is an important commercial centre in the East Midlands, some 130 miles north of London and within half an hour’s drive of both Lincoln and Nottingham
- Newark, with a population of 35,000, is also a lively market town and has a wide range of shopping and recreational facilities. Sherwood Forest and Centre Parcs are within easy reach
- Newark’s mainline station provides a fast and frequent service direct to London’s Kings Cross. East Midlands Airport is also within an hour and 20 minutes of the town
Why invest in Nottinghamshire?
Newark is an attractive place to live, work and do business, with an economy in 2019 worth £2.2bn. The area has seen increased growth over the last 20 years with business and industry thriving, and the quality of life across the area is improving.
This area has much to be proud of: a captivating history, beautiful countryside, characterful market towns, world-renowned businesses and an enviable location at the crossroads of the country’s transportation network.
Newark is renowned for a strong independent offer and engaged business community. Currently the urban area is home to 35,000 people although there is significant opportunity for growth, with over 7,000 new homes planned to the south of Newark over the next 20 years.
Newark has also received £25 million funding as part of the Government’s Towns Fund initiative, which is being used to boost business and improve infrastructure through exciting new projects. These include an International Air Space and Training Institute and a collaborative project with local HE and FE partners to develop a Smart Innovation, Supply Chain and Logistics Enterprise Zone.
Insight for investors
- Type of Investment Sought: Occupier, Investor
- Site Size: 15ha
- Timescale: 2020-2025
- Delivery Timescale: Immediate
- Planning Status: Outline permission