A priority strategic regeneration site, part of the Stoke Station Gateway Masterplan. Levelling Up Funding of £16m secured to support early development phases.
The Goods Yard is excellently located at the gateway to the City, a short stroll from Stoke Station, Staffordshire university and Stoke Town with the City Centre a mile away. This is a priority regeneration scheme within the Stoke Station Masterplan, which forms part of the City’s Transforming Cities Fund programme. With £16m secured from levelling Up Funding, plans are to create a vibrant micro-neighbourhood that’s packed full of design features to restore and bring the space alive and transform from tired industrial buildings to a lively urban quarter for people to call home and spend time in. Goods Yard is a prime opportunity for a mixture of leisure and commercial occupiers.
• 10,500 sq ft NIA of office space
• 16,300 sq ft NIA of leisure space
• 4,500 sq ft NIA of commercial space
• Residential development of 174 high quality apartments, offering 1, 2, and 3 bedroom homes with ground floor amenity space
• Branded hotel provider offering 100 bedrooms
• Enhanced public realm and re-opening the waters edge
Why invest in Stoke Staffs?
Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire is a major UK growth area. We played a unique role as one of the creative workshops of the Industrial Revolution. That same entrepreneurial spirit that once created world-beaters like Spode, Wedgwood and Bass is alive and well here today. Some of Britain’s greatest success stories, like JCB and bet365, have all grown from garage start-ups into billion-pound success stories.
Today, we are a fast-growing centre of modern manufacturing, making a major contribution to manufacturing employment growth nationally. Businesses here produce the advanced technical components and materials for a range of consumer and business products.
The same location benefits that attracted Michelin in 1926 are once again bringing international businesses to Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire. Jaguar Land Rover, Amazon and Molson-Coors are just some of the names investing millions of pounds and creating thousands of jobs here.
Insight for investors
• Type of Investment Sought: Investment, Occupiers
• Value and cost info: GDC £55m
• Site Size: 1.24 acres
• Timescale: 2022-2024
• Delivery Timescale: 1-3 years
• Planning Status: Planning submitted