Research & Development
Leicester & Leicestershire Development Opportunities Sites Map
New commercial sites map showcasing over 1,350 hectares of development and investment opportunities across 41 sites in Leicester and Leicestershire. Projects are various stages.
• A £25.9 billion economy – the largest in the East Midlands
• Home to three leading universities, 60,000 university students and 15,000 high-quality graduates yearly
• One hour from London St Pancras International by rail and 4 hours from mainland Europe
• Home to East Midlands Airport – the UK’s largest pure cargo airport, connecting 4.8 million passengers across 80 destinations
• Businesses here save on average £15,500 per annum, per employee compared to London
Why invest in Leicestershire??
Welcome to Leicester & Leicestershire – the largest economy in the East Midlands.
We benefit from outstanding assets including a vibrant, university city with a strong industrial and cultural heritage; two unique and inspiring Enterprise Zones; a UK Freeport at East Midlands Airport; three world class universities delivering cutting edge innovation, research, and design; a central location with strategic rail and motorway links, one of Europe’s largest distribution parks and the UK’s largest pure cargo airport; and two Manufacturing Zones. We’re home to Caterpillar, Next, Santander, Walkers Snack Foods (PepsiCo), IBM Client Innovation Centre UK and Amazon.
Key strategic developments include Leicester Waterside and Station Regeneration, Space Park Leicester, offering high-tech facilities and capabilities building on the University of Leicester’s space excellence; Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park, a dynamic innovation community with serviced development land opportunities; and Lutterworth East a trailblazing, sustainable housing and employment development.
Leicester is considered one of the best cities to do business in. Unrivalled transport links, a skilled and talented workforce of over 2.8 million within a 1-hour drive-time and one of Britain’s most attractive and cost-effective places to develop, own or lease property – presenting huge investment opportunities.
Insight for investors
• Type of Investment Sought: Future delivery and investment
• Value and cost info: £1bn+
• Site Size: 1,350ha+
• Delivery Timescale: Immediate
• Planning Status: Various