Research & Development
Malvern Science and Technology Park
Malvern Hills Science Park was established two decades ago and has grown steadily, providing some 130,000 sq ft of flexible or hybrid laboratory and commercial accommodation building over 5 phases in range of facilities including office space, laboratories, conferencing / meeting room suites and the onsite café.
- Malvern Technology Park brings together three adjacent operations of Malvern Hills Science Park, QinetiQ Limited and 4.5 hectares of land with outline consent for 300,000 sq ft of B1(b) commercial development
- A community of some 400 people exploiting science and technology situated in the heart of Cyber Valley, adjacent to QinetiQ and close to GCHQ, Malvern Hills Science Park (MHSP) is home to a number of growing and exciting companies.
- A new access road is currently being created, services brought into site, attenuation ponds constructed and the site levelled for development.
- The site offers opportunity for a serviced plot capable of supporting immediately available units, up to 40,000 sqft of hybrid commercial accommodation and new development plots.
Why invest in Worcestershire?
Worcestershire is situated in one of the fast growing areas of the UK and is now a magnet for key sectors such as advanced manufacturing, aerospace, cyber and next generation tech, life sciences and agri tech. Worcestershire is also home to Worcestershire 5G NexGWorx- previously a Government 5g Testbed and now providing ‘Testbed as a service’ to businesses looking to trial 5G to improve productivity.
Worcestershire is home to a highly skilled workforce. The typical 45 minute commute area for Worcester includes a rich talent pool of people from Birmingham in the north, Warwick in the east and south to Gloucester. The workforce has a high proportion of people working in high-tech manufacturing – four times the regional average and twice the national figure. With its own university it is also within easy reach of 20 other top quality universities. The county has been recognised as one of the top places in the UK for business start-ups. Worcestershire also benefits from a wide selection of high-quality offices and units, along with intermediate and large development sites.
Insight for investors
- Type of Investment sought: Occupier, capital investor
- Target investor(s): The Science and Technology Park prides itself on only allowing tenants from Science and Tech industries
- Timescale: 2022 – 2027 first phase
- Planning status: Pre planning / professional services