Peddimore is a high-quality development that will be a best-in-class employment location for national and international manufacturing and logistics businesses.
Occupying a strategic position on the edge of Birmingham and close to key transport routes, it will be one of the Midlands’ most important economic assets and provide excellent employment opportunities for local people from all backgrounds.
The 71ha of land at Peddimore will accommodate 386,000sqm of new employment uses. This scale, with the potential for single floorplates in excess of 93,000sqm, means the offer at Peddimore is unique in the region.
The land is in the freehold ownership of Birmingham City Council, with IM Properties appointed as the Council’s development partner to deliver the upfront infrastructure and development across 37ha of the site.
Planning consent for the scheme was secured in September 2019; reserved matters applications will be required to fix the details of future buildings, allowing flexibility to meet market demand and the needs of occupiers.
- The 71ha of land at Peddimore will accommodate 386,000sqm of new employment uses.
- This scale, with the potential for single floorplates in excess of 93,000sqm, means the offer at Peddimore is unique in the region.
- Significant investment in delivering strategic infrastructure, which will open up the site, including roads, landscaping, utilities, footpaths and cycle routes.
Why invest in Birmingham?
Birmingham, the UK’s second city is the urban heart of the West Midlands. It offers unparalleled connectivity, cultural diversity and economic buzz.
The Big City Plan has transformed the city centre, attracting a new mix of business services, tech, creative industries and life sciences, with a specialised focus on advanced manufacturing and green industry.
The city of a thousand trades, as Birmingham was once known, is now the city of a thousand start-ups, 8,000 acres of green space, one hundred languages, 90,000 university students and leading restaurants serving 27 different national cuisines.
Birmingham’s population is also one of the youngest in Europe and is growing fast and expected to reach 1.25 million over the next 20 years.
This is a golden decade for Birmingham, when the 2022 Commonwealth Games, urban regeneration programmes and the arrival of HS2 will transform the city, its public profile, its connectivity, and its offer to businesses and residents, placing Birmingham at the heart of the West Midlands’ economic revival.
Insight for investors
- Type of Investment Sought: FDI, potentially capital investment requirement for future phase
- Target Investor(s): Major occupiers; developer/investor partners for second phase of development
- Value and cost info: £350m GDV
- Site Size: 71Ha
- Jobs: Peddimore will deliver thousands of jobs on the site as well as generating thousands of indirect jobs across the region in the supply chain supporting the site’s occupiers.
- Timescale: 2020-2030
- Delivery Timescale: Immediate
- Planning Status: Planning consent