Research & Development
Pioneer Park / Space Park Leicester
Cluster development opportunities at a leading knowledge & space-led technology park with Enterprise Zone status.
Space and knowledge-led technology park within central Leicester, home to the National Space Centre, £100m Space Park Leicester, and managed workspace for knowledge / R&D-focused technology businesses. A 1.4 ha development site, further managed workspace, and a 3,700 m² space and satellite technology manufacturing facility are now being brought forwards.
- £100m innovation hub
- A world-leading space and Earth observation cluster
- Space Park Leicester is a collaborative community of industry, academics and students working together to drive growth in the space sector
- The space sector underpinned approximately 15% of the UK’s economic activity in 2020 and this is forecast to grow significantly
Why invest in Leicestershire?
Welcome to Leicester & Leicestershire – the largest economy in the East Midlands.
We benefit from outstanding assets including a vibrant, university city with a strong industrial and cultural heritage; two unique and inspiring Enterprise Zones; a UK Freeport at East Midlands Airport; three world class universities delivering cutting edge innovation, research, and design; a central location with strategic rail and motorway links, one of Europe’s largest distribution parks and the UK’s largest pure cargo airport; and two Manufacturing Zones. We’re home to Caterpillar, Next, Santander, Walkers Snack Foods (PepsiCo), IBM Client Innovation Centre UK and Amazon.
Key strategic developments include Leicester Waterside and Station Regeneration, Space Park Leicester, offering high-tech facilities and capabilities building on the University of Leicester’s space excellence; Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park, a dynamic innovation community with serviced development land opportunities; and Lutterworth East a trailblazing, sustainable housing and employment development.
Leicester is considered one of the best cities to do business in. Unrivalled transport links, a skilled and talented workforce of over 2.8 million within a 1-hour drive-time and one of Britain’s most attractive and cost-effective places to develop, own or lease property – presenting huge investment opportunities.
Insight for investors
- Type of Investment Sought: Development funding, equity, debt finance, co-development, occupier
- Target Investor(s): Space and knowledge driven manufacturing / engineering companies to grow the cluster
- Value and cost info: £130m GDV
- Site Size: 5.6ha
- Timescale: 2023-25
- Delivery Timescale: Immediate
- Planning Status: Outline Pre-application Local Plan Allocation