South Humber Industrial Investment Programme
SHIIP is a £42 million project to deliver major infrastructure investments, industrial sites and employment creation in North East Lincolnshire within Greater Lincolnshire. Focused on major enterprise zone sites, located on the south bank of the Humber estuary. Working in partnership, North East Lincolnshire Council and Equans are delivering SHIIP over a period of 5-10 years. There are three initial elements to the project and they are all designed to aid businesses in their relocation or growth along North East Lincolnshire’s South Humber Bank:
1. Development sites: Fully serviced, 64-hectare Pioneer Business Park has been created, sited between Immingham and Grimsby., This is in a prime location and is one of several Enterprise Zones (EZ). Together the area is 189 hectares (467 acres).
2. A new Humber Link Road: A £8m highway has been built to provide a vital link between the ports of Grimsby and Immingham, cutting journey time, providing an alternative to other busier routes and opening up undeveloped land, which lies within the EZ.
3. An Ecological Mitigation Site – Cress Marsh, has been developed. This is 40ha of wetland, which will ‘offset’ industrial development within the SHIIP area. The site promotes economic growth whilst conserving the environment and has the added benefit of already being “set-aside” and established to offset any development plans. A second mitigation site Novartis Ings is now in the early stages of development.
The South Humber programme has been co-funded through the Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership, the Humber Local Enterprise Partnership and North East Lincolnshire Council.
- Through the development of the ‘ready-made’ Pioneer Business Park and five Enterprise Zones, the SHIIP project will create 120 ha of strategic mitigation land; 195 hectares of developable land with 489,000sqm of built floor space, ready to receive investment both domestically and internationally.
- Location: Pioneer Business Park and 5 enterprise zones are 2 miles from Port of Immingham, adjacent to the A180 connecting site to M18, M62 and A1M. 9 miles from Humberside International Airport.
- North East Lincolnshire stands today as an area with some of the best Food Manufacturing companies in the UK, but which is also proud to house large players within sectors including Advanced Engineering, Offshore Renewables, Land-Based Power Generation and Ports & Logistics
Why invest in Greater Lincolnshire?
Greater Lincolnshire and Rutland is currently experiencing an unprecedented era of growth and is undoubtedly one of the investment hotspots of the UK. The geography is vastly unique from The Humber to The Wash, covering 2,700 miles with a population of 1.1million. Our game changing sectors include the Humber Freeport, Renewable Energy, the UK Food Valley, Food enterprise Zones (FEZ’s), including the South Lincolnshire Food Enterprise Zone at Holbeach and Europarc III Food Enterprise Zone at Grimsby and Defence & Security. Our thriving Universities are some of the fastest growing in the UK, providing access to a growing talent pool, fuelling academia, and creating a skilled workforce. wide-open spaces and fresh air regulate and invigorate innovation.
Offering a range of high quality, cost effective sites and property solutions for all types of investing businesses. From specialist logistics and sector sites, employment parks, start-up hubs, or shovel ready land ripe for development. We are strategically located to enable fast, multimodal access to UK and international markets. Our Ports put your customers at easy reach wherever they are based. Our sites offer fast access to both UK and global markets, either via road, sea, air or rail.
If you are interested in finding out more about Greater Lincolnshire please take a look at our Sector Propositions and get in touch at email@example.com
Insight for investors
- Type of Investment Sought: Freehold
- Target Investor(s): Commercial, investors and developers
- Value and cost info: £42m programme, construction cost £13.7m
- Site Size: 195 hectares
- Jobs: 4670 (phase 1 & 2)
- Timescale: 2020-2035
- Delivery Timescale: Immediate