South Lincolnshire Food Enterprise Zone, Holbeach
The South Lincolnshire Food Enterprise Zone (FEZ) covers an area of circa 17 hectares (42 acres) of employment space and is split into two phases on the north western edge of Holbeach. There is also an allocation for circa 900 dwellings on an adjacent site.
Phase I comprises circa 5 hectares (14 acres) of serviced development plots which are being offered on a long leasehold basis.
The FEZ will provide high quality business space for new businesses and SME’s specifically in the agri-tech sector; with particular emphasis on creating a suitable environment for high tech businesses developing cutting edge technology and innovators. For example, food supply chain, productivity, food sustainability, logistics and packaging.
The site is ideally located in close proximity to the wider agrifood/logistics cluster in the district with existing strong supply chains further cementing the strengths of the scheme.
The University of Lincoln’s Food Centre of Excellence and Institute of Technology Buildings are already open on Phase I, and Lincolnshire County Council is nearing completion on the construction of the “Hub” building which will provide managed workspace for new and “spin off” companies and encourage collaboration and stimulate sharing of ideas and best practice.
- Many of the serviced development plots on Phase I are now under-offer to a range of occupiers and developers. Interest is invited on the remaining plots that are being marketed by Pygott and Crone (www.pygott-crone.com). For example, Plot 2 which extends to 0.66 hectare (1.63 acres).
- The FEZ is located close to University of Lincoln’s National Centre for Food Manufacturing, and its additional teaching facilities; opening up opportunities for collaboration as well as a ready made skills force.
- Holbeach has a population of around 5,000 with an economy heavily influenced by the agri-food sector.
- The Project is being promoted by the Economic Infrastructure Team at Lincolnshire County Council in partnership with South Holland District Council, the University of Lincoln and the Greater Lincolnshire LEP.
- Lincolnshire County Council have appointed a range of highly experienced consultants to advise the Programme Board on a range of activities including, Gleeds for Project Management expertise, Pick Everard for Masterplanning advice and AECOM for advice regarding utilities.
- Enabling road infrastructure was completed in December 2017 to provide access to Phase 1 of the FEZ and residential development land. These works have also improved traffic flows on the A17 which serves as the main east to west arterial route through south Lincolnshire.
Why invest in Greater Lincolnshire?
Greater Lincolnshire and Rutland is currently experiencing an unprecedented era of growth and is undoubtedly one of the investment hotspots of the UK. The geography is vastly unique from The Humber to The Wash, covering 2,700 miles with a population of 1.1million. Our game changing sectors include the Humber Freeport, Renewable Energy, the UK Food Valley, Food enterprise Zones (FEZ’s), including the South Lincolnshire Food Enterprise Zone at Holbeach and Europarc III Food Enterprise Zone at Grimsby and Defence & Security. Our thriving Universities are some of the fastest growing in the UK, providing access to a growing talent pool, fuelling academia, and creating a skilled workforce. wide-open spaces and fresh air regulate and invigorate innovation.
Offering a range of high quality, cost effective sites and property solutions for all types of investing businesses. From specialist logistics and sector sites, employment parks, start-up hubs, or shovel ready land ripe for development. We are strategically located to enable fast, multimodal access to UK and international markets. Our Ports put your customers at easy reach wherever they are based. Our sites offer fast access to both UK and global markets, either via road, sea, air or rail.
If you are interested in finding out more about Greater Lincolnshire please take a look at our Sector Propositions and get in touch at email@example.com
Insight for investors
- Type of Investment Sought: The project will be suitable for a range of investment and delivery models with particular interest sought from developers and owner occupiers.
- Target Investor(s): The project will be suitable for a range of investment and delivery models with particular interest sought from developers and owner occupiers.
- Value and cost info: tbc
- Site Size: Circa 17 hectares (42 acres)
- Jobs: tbc
- Timescale: 2022 to 2024
- Delivery Timescale: Immediate
- Planning Status: A Local Development Order was adopted on 20th November 2018. It is designed to streamline the planning process by removing the need for developers to make separate planning applications for development within the FEZ.